Friday 21 November 2014

Thank You .....


A Thank You Gift ....

Take a box

  
Using gesso completely paint the box inside and out and leave to dry.


I used a leaf shaped perforated piece of wrapping to make a stencil and using Oak House Studio Ink Pads in Green as Grass and Valentine
I firstly inked through the holes which I had taped into place using the green ink pad and a blender, take off the paper but just put it to one side whilst you wait for the ink to dry. No replace the stencil obviously not lining up with the previous inking but don't worry if you do get an overlap now using the red ink repeat the process. When Dry I used a spray glitter to add a bit of bling.


On the inside of the box repeat the colour scheme but just randomly ink with bubble wrap to add colour to the inside of the box. 


Line with tissue paper of choice, I like to scrunch mine up but you may choose to fold yours or to shred it. 


Finally fill with your gift and either add a tag or wrap and make a card to go to the recipient. 

This was made for the Lovely Lynnda Worsnop who gave me my first time experience of working on a Design Team. I have to say I have found it not only a very enjoyable time but I have learned lots and have come to love all the products in the Oak House Studio range. 

Thank you Lynnda xx


Thank you for looking 
love Doreen

14 comments:

  1. Super gift box Doreen and thanks for adding the "how to" x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is this ....Well i for one have really enjoy your makes for Oak House Studio.
    I look forward with Interested to see "What Doreen Does Next" xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved your makes for Oak House Studio. I look forward with interest to seeing what Doreen Does Next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernie, glad you have enjoyed my time with Oak House Studio, I know I have xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous projects all the way through hon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae, I really appreciate your support xx

      Delete
  5. I'm sure Lynnda will be thrilled with her gift. It's a great box and tutorial. Just because your time on the DT is over, I for one will still be interested in all your projects so keep experimenting and creating. Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine and for all the help you have given me through my time on the design team.

      Delete
  6. I was so excited whne your box arrived, and so happy to see the contents. I will use this for a lot of years and will always think of you when I open the box. It has been wonderful to watch you grow through your time with Oak House Studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome Lynnda, thank you for all the help and for the huge boost to my confidence in crafting when you gave me this opportunity, I have enjoyed every minute of this time with you and hopefully we will meet at some point in the future. xx

      Delete
  7. Fantastic project. No wonder Lynnda was happy to receive it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarn, so kind of you to look and leave a comment xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sarn, so kind of you to look and leave a comment xx

      Delete